iExpertsForum Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Top Social Media Marketing Tools

Author Topic: Social Media Marketing - Truth and Lies  (Read 2087 times)

tom@brand

• View Profile
    • OnlineAdvertisingAgency
    • Email
Social Media Marketing - Truth and Lies
« on: March 09, 2015, 06:09:53 AM »

Social media is still new to many companies. And most of the companies believe there is no way social media can be used for increase in sales. The reason is that these companies believe that there is no ROI from social media and that social media is just about engagement and not about driving sales. However, all these three points are lies. Let's take a detailed look at each.

Social Media Cannot Increase Sales: Social Media can, in fact, drive sales as much as any other digital channel. If you invest in Google Adwords and expect sales, you should invest in social media and expect sales to grow. Not because I am telling you but because many companies operate simply on social media and make sales. There are for-profit and non-profit companies that operate with just a website and social media and have won in their business strategy. They have successfully seen sales. So saying social media cannot increase sales is just a lie.

Social Media is Just about Engagement: Social media is about Engagement, no doubt. But this engagement increases sales. With the emergence of social media, people simply ask others about what brands to buy when making up their minds. If your brand has a presence on social media, you can track the keywords - items you sell, and approach them (the buyers) to try your products. You can give them customized discounts that would not be possible otherwise. Social media also helps in word of mouth advertising at a large scale.

Social Media ROI cannot be Measured: Another Lie. You can measure the impact of social media on your business provided you have a proper strategy. For that, first you must invest some money and time in social media marketing and check out different strategies to measure the ROI. Social media does provide ROI. All you need is to figure out how to measure it. There are readymade templates on the Internet that can help you begin.
Top Social Media Marketing Softwares (http://www.iexpertsforum.com/top-social-media-marketing-softwares.html)

sam

• View Profile
Re: Social Media Marketing - Truth and Lies
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:30:57 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experiences, this is a very informative post.

spearman

• View Profile
Re: Social Media Marketing - Truth and Lies
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:09:28 AM »

I am really glad that I have found this post and I thank you for letting us know about this information.Thanks!