Home » Articles » SEO Basics – A Must for The Beginners

SEO Basics – A Must for The Beginners

Top SEO Tools

SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an integral part of digital marketing on the virtual world. It helps you with the ranking of your website. And there are several tricks with the help of which a website can get the best rank virtually. One of the main objectives of SEO and the top SEO tools available in the market is to get web traffic. Most importantly, it is not just about drawing web traffic but the ultimate goal is to convert online visitors to the website to prospective leads. This can be achieved just by following a few simple steps. You don’t have to spend a fortune on the best SEO software or stay glued to the SEO software review websites.

In the following paragraphs, let us explore the various preliminary concepts of Search Engine Optimization. So, read on for more insight.

✔ Keywords – These are the stones that would form the foundation of your SEO empire not just now but also in the future. In order to find out the right keywords that will hit the bull’s eye right away, you will have to use analytical tools or the top SEO tools. To some extent, you can depend on your instincts too. Also, try to explore the long tailed keywords that can improve the chances of drawing web traffic to your website.

✔ Content – “Play with your words” so that you hit the right string when the readers go through your content. Always keep in mind that the attention span of online readers is very less so you have to arrange content in such a manner so that the most important information is at the top and the content flow is such that it is in decreasing order of importance of information. Make the content attractive and appealing by incorporating images and videos that are relevant to the topic. Avoid jargons. Most importantly, the information you furnish should be accurate and precise. Consistency is of utmost importance when it comes to content.

✔ Quality – You might come across many budding SEO professionals that prefer to earn quick cash. But the end results do not last long and are short lived. These SEO professionals are the ones that practice Black Hat SEO as compared to White Hat SEO where all efforts to get ranking virtually are proper and using appropriate measures. Quality matters and can help you to stay longer on the top.

✔ Working on the code – Optimizing the code is crucial and will set the stage for the web crawlers to rank your website too aside from crawling through the text. The following parts of the code require judicious optimization. These include -

  • Alt Rags
  • URL Structure
  • Domain Name
  • Site Structure
  • Headings
  • Sitemap
  • Title Tags
  • Meta Tags

✔ Links – This is the most important part of SEO. Your website ranking will depend on how many links there are directed to your website. 

Depending on how wisely you employ your skills in the above mentioned areas will determine your success in the world of SEO. If it is 95% smart working and hard work, you can leave the rest of the 5% on luck and your attitude. 

 


Related Topics:-

1462546347_right_arrowHow to Choose an SEO

1462546347_right_arrowLooking Back in SEO

1462546347_right_arrowHow to Effectively Manage an SEO Marketing Campaign

1462546347_right_arrowWhat does Google Say?

1462546347_right_arrowImproving Your SEO Campaign

1462546347_right_arrowResources required to begin an SEO Campaign

1462546347_right_arrowCommon SEO Mistakes

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On LinkedinVisit Us On Google PlusVisit Us On Youtube